You walk into your local liquor store and the number of choices tends to be overwhelming, especially if you are on the hunt for something new! We’ve been there too. It can make what should be an enjoyable experience, a tad bit stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are a few ways we try to lessen the overwhelm.
Do a little bit of digging before you head out!
- We live in a world where we truly have all of the information we’d ever need at our fingertips. If you know what type of alcohol you are going in for, give google a search to see what recommendations pop up, head to Instagram or your favorite social platform, and do that same. Which brands populate and which seems the most interesting to you? Brands live on social platforms to inspire, educate and excite - so ultimately you will find out a lot about various spirits brands just by glancing at their profile.
Determine what you are buying for.
- You most likely already have this question answered, but thinking about it more intently will help you in the next step (hint: making a list). This essentially just helps you better prepare for the quantity you need, whether or not you need specific ingredients for a certain recipe (this is also a great thing to search on social), or if you are just running low on your essentials and need a restock.
Make a list!
- If you’re anything like me, you will 100% forget to grab something if it isn’t on your list. Just like any normal grocery run, this will keep you on track and will allow more time for you to browse and look at products that you are interested in, without potentially overbuying.
- While you are working through this list, it is also a good idea to keep in mind the price range you want to stay within for each type of product and determine the overall value of the product based on how much use you will get out of it at any given time.
- Once you’re in the store, you should be pretty well equipped to get all of your necessary items, but as we mentioned before, it's also a great time to explore. One thing we love looking for is products that have hang tags that include a QR code or website that you can reference. This really helps us better understand the product since many times there is not much further context included on the bottle itself.
- Oak & Eden proudly lives on the whiskey aisle, but if you’ve ever been into a liquor store, you’ll find that there are countless options, and many times they may not be organized or displayed in any particular way. One thing you can identify us by is looking for the wooden spire inside each of our bottles. This is something you won’t find in any other whiskey or liquor on the shelf, making it super easy to identify our products.
- If you’re still struggling to decide or just need additional assistance, don’t hesitate to ask the store clerk/assistant. They are there to share their knowledge with you and to help you in any way that they can!
Share your experience with others
- Since you’ve experienced firsthand what it is like to head to store, it's a great time to share that with others, whether by word of mouth or on social media! Whether you believe it or not, word of mouth and recommendations from friends and family is still one of the largest drivers of liquor sales. There is nothing quite equivalent to hearing from someone you trust, and in return, you are helping further support your favorite brands!
Make sure to head to our store locator if you’d like to see where you can find Oak & Eden near you!